Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gay Men Suck (Continued)

Just over two and a half months ago- I met a guy. He is fun, smart, cute, and mentally stimulating (a huge plus). This guy and I talked for a couple weeks before I made a move... a quick kiss- in my car. It was short, sweet, and had sexy written all over it. From that moment on- I was hooked on what I didn't know; I needed to know.

He's the first guy... the first guy I ever started to develop feelings for- and it felt scary. I distanced myself to an extent that confused him and, ultimately, paved the way for the absolute worst event- he hooked up with his ex-boyfriend.

We never had a discussion regarding exclusivity- even though he alluded to wanting that from me many, many times. Officially- we weren't... he and I were not in a relationship. Of course- regardless of that fact, it still hurt me- a lot.

I'm an idiot, though. Just recently, I have decided to try and make it work with this guy. For some reason- regardless of all the shit that has happened, it seems to me- worth it. I mean- there are so many things about him that I find interesting, and smart. That's not something that I come across often- at all (especially in this town). Why is it that, after this shitty situation, I am willing to put myself out there ONCE AGAIN- fully realizing that there is a potential for him to do this again.

the conversation is great
the sex is phenomenal
he is amazing

gay men suck

No comments: