Thursday, January 10, 2008

New York City is calling my name. I hear her... but a lack of cash is preventing me from getting there.

To be honest, I don't really know where this obsession with the city came from. I've only been once and apparently that's all it took. I think that I have a real future there- in the city... and if I apply myself to this PR internship- moving there could be a major reality!

I've often wondered, though- what would my life look like if that was the decision that I chose to make. If, in fact, I did have enough money to move to the city... what would I do? Where would I meet people? Would the first couple of months be spent in solitude? Would I fall in love?

I have a fear that my vision of life in the city is so SEX AND THE CITY. I mean- I have to know somewhere in the back of my mind that life isn't going to be like that fantasy world. However, if it were- or the possibility of something like that happening were true... shouldn't I at least try?

I'm all about envisioning things now- accepting the fact that the universe does listen if you project the right thoughts. I need to focus on this a lot more if I want to get where I know I should be going.

Oh well... we'll see.

If anyone out there wants to pay my way to NYC... I'm down!

1 comment:

K said...

NYC is amazing....you would have an amazing time over here!