Thursday, January 24, 2008

We think that we're so educated on life when everything is going smoothly. We're under the impression that nothing can hurt us- half the time. It has always been my experience that- when things appear to be going smoothly... I am anticipating disaster.

I guess you could say that it's a terrible way to look at the world. My life has not been easy to say the least- so I find this cushion of doubt to be quite comfortable when a bomb happens to drop. In life you get as many chances as you need... as you want- really. I am only now seeing that I have not taken every opportunity to be a happier person. I'm doing myself an injustice.

I know I've said it a thousand times on this blog- but shit... we just want to be happy. We just want the chance to go out and feel free to be who we are, think as we wish, and become the individuals that we see ourselves being. There are, of course, those little moments when we're unable to deal... and those are the stepping stones to achieving happiness.

Today was a terrible day.

No comments: