Thursday, November 22, 2007

I don't know if I have ever written about this- but this September my brother died; he was 20.
I only mention it now because it's the holidays. I'm not sure how today is going to go for my family.

I realize, though, that I have so many things to be thankful for. I have so many things to look forward to. I have a father and sister who love me unconditionally. I have a future. I have so much when millions of people have so little.
This thanksgiving- it's not about the turkey. It's about all of those individuals out there who have little to be thankful for.

Society has a lot to do with the positions people are in- and it's sad that we operate in this heirarchy of materialism. Love is all you need, right?

Happy Thanksgiving you guys.

1 comment:

Jake said...

The Holidays are a rough time without our loved ones. This will be my third Holiday season without my mother and it hasn't seemed to be any easier as time goes on.

Don't let it overwhelm you though, because your life does go on past theirs. That's not to say you shouldn't mourn, but mourning can only go on for so long being healthy.