Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I wish I had the ability to randomly hook up like a lot of other guys do.

Many of you know about my opposition to promiscuity when it comes to sex. Sometimes, however, I do wish I were less inhibited and had the ability to let loose. I, like every other man (gay or straight) am a slave to constant sexual desire. My personal beliefs, however, prevent me from satisfying my urges. On the one hand I realize that I'm young, athletic, and entitled to a bit of fun. On the other, though, I am extremely terrified of contracting a disease, or building a bad reputation.

What can I do? Absolutely nothing.

My debt situation is certainly coming back to haunt me. I'm about $2500 in and my only income comes from my parents. What am I going to do? Sure, if I ask them- they will take care of it- but it's so irresponsible and unfair on my end.

I've recently started to see a shrink. For a huge chunk of my life I was completely against the idea of "seeing someone."
It's been a positive though. He is helping me to identify my impulse at the start- and curb it so it doesn't turn into a regrettable decision.
He also doesn't believe that I'm at the point in my life where I can make a definite decision regarding my sexuality. He beleives that I need to have more experiences in order to determine that. I'm not sure if I agree with him... sometimes.
He brings up some really good points.

Anyway- I guess that should satisfy my committment to blogging for now.
I hope you all have a good week.

CAM

2 comments:

Jake said...

I know exactly how you feel. I've never fit into the "gay community" because of either beliefs or outward appearances, and the stance I have against promiscuity just made it that much worse.

Anonymous said...

its an honorable stance to take but every scenario will be different. Not all guys that are interested in you or in long term relationships want to have sex with you.

Relax over the weekend.